Feeling Low? Try This Immunity-Boosting Tea
Flu season is in full gear, closing schools and hitting the U.S. hard, seven states even more so.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, states with the highest amount of activity are Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Nevada, South Carolina, and Texas.
If you’re in any of these states or will be visiting one during the holiday season, then it’s time to boost your immunity.
- 4 cups of filtered or alkaline water
- 2 tablespoons of peppermint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of Pau d’ Arco bark
- 2 sticks or 1 tablespoon of astragalus bark or powder
- ½ lemon
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- A dash of cayenne pepper
NOTE: You can find the loose tea leaves at your local health food store or online.
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Put peppermint and pau d’ arco into a cloth tea bag or stainless-steel tea strainer. This will keep the loose leaves contained for easy straining later.
- Place tea leaves into pot of water.
- Add lemon, garlic and cayenne pepper to pot.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
Once tea is done, pour into a cup, add honey to taste. Be well and enjoy!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These recipes or statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.