The Resistance Band Leg Workout
If you’ve been working out at home and can’t find weights anywhere, try using resistance bands to build and tone your muscles. They’re inexpensive and challenge your muscles. Try our leg workout with resistance bands, but consider these tips before getting started:
- Position the band right above the knees. Keep your legs hip-width apart.
- Be sure your bands are not too tight. If your knees fall inward, then your band has too much tension. Using high tension bands can cause stress on the joints. Try starting with a medium band and do 10-12 reps. If this feels comfortable, try the next band up.
- Keep the tension throughout the exercise move. This is where you work the muscle the most.
- Make sure you have good quality bands to avoid a sudden break that can cause an injury.
- Side squats (20 reps)
- Fire hydrants (10 on each leg)
- Duck walks (15 forward, 15 backward)
- Side lying hips raises (15 on each leg)
- Dead lifts (15 on each leg)
- Bridge lifts (20 reps)
- Plank Toe Tap (10 on each leg)
Click below to see the moves via video.