If you overdid it on barbecue this past holiday weekend, here’s a mid-week workout to get you back on track. These moves tone your whole body while boosting your heart rate for a good cardio workout.
Complete 3-5 rounds. Grab a mat, mid- to heavy weight dumbbells and your water and dive into this workout, courtesy of Know Yourself Fitness Group.
- Floor Bridge Chest Press (as many reps as possible for 1 minute): While in the bridge position, squeeze the glute muscles. Keep the arms bent at 90 degrees and engage the chest muscles when pressing up.
- Sit up (as many reps as possible for 1 minute): Keep the legs straight and engage the core.
- Bent Over Alternating Row (as many reps as possible for 1 minute while alternating the arms): Stand with the feet hip-width apart while keeping a slight bend in the knees. Bring the weight up into a row. Keep the elbows pointing behind you while squeezing the shoulder blades.
- Squat/Alternating Front Lunge (as many reps as possible for 1 minute while alternating the legs): Stand with the feet hip-width apart. Bend into a squat as low as possible. When lunging, keep both knees at a 90 degree angle. Push off the heel to return to standing.
- Single Leg Overhead Press (as many reps as possible for 30 seconds on each leg): Focus on engaging your core while balancing on one leg. Modify by bringing the foot down to the opposite calf or ankle.