Whew! 2020 was a year for the history books. We don’t know about you, but we’re glad 2020 is in the rear-view mirror! We’re ready to move forward with purpose and focus. There’s no better way to begin the new year than to declutter and cleanse your space of old energy and infuse it with order and positivity. Here are a few tips to getting organized and ready to make this year one of the best yet.
In the office:
- Shred old mail and throw away junk mail.
- Invest in a calendar to organize your tasks for the day.
- Organize your drawers so that everything has a designated home.
- Sort work papers and file them away.
In the kitchen:
- Organize your pantry. Throw out expired foods.
- Throw out unhealthy snacks.
- Give your oven, stove and cabinets a good wipe down.
- Finally organize that junk drawer.
In the bedroom:
- Freshen up your sleeping space with new linen. Be sure to make your bed each morning for a more comfortable night’s rest.
- Organize your closet. Donate clothing and shoes that you can no longer wear.
- Commit to keeping that corner chair free from clothing and other items.
- Transform your bedroom into your sanctuary. Consider moving your television and other electronics out of your bedroom. Make that space strictly for resting.
In the bathroom:
- Get rid of toiletries you never use.
- Organize your medicine cabinet in a way that makes sense to you.
- Give your bathroom a good cleaning from top to bottom.
In the living area/media room:
- Dust and clear the area of anything that doesn’t belong. Put the kid’s toys in their rooms.
- Organize electronics. Invest in small bins or other organizing receptacles.