Unplug: Reconnect to Loving Self
As we prepare for Valentine’s Day, make dinner plans and buy gifts for our partners, you would be remiss if you forget the most important person in your life: YOU.
We may not all have a special someone in our lives, but that doesn’t me you can’t celebrate love.
It’s ok to unplug from societal expectations and shift your focus to reconnecting with self.
- To do this, disconnect from:
- social media that can trigger feelings of inadequacy, envy or sadness
- stressful schedules
- unhealthy eating or drinking habits
- anxiety-inducing relationships
Plug in to:
- Nature by listening to birds chirping, water bubbling in a nearby creek or lake, or going for a hike or walk in the fresh air
- The love of family and friends
- Activities that feed your mind, like meditation, music and journaling
- Healthful eating that nourishes the body with vital nutrients and vitamins
- Indulge in a self-care session at your favorite spa or at home with an aromatic bath, skincare routine or deep hair cleansing with a massage to calm the mind