As we prepare for Valentine’s Day, make dinner plans and buy gifts for our partners, you would be remiss if you forget the most important person in your life: YOU.
We may not all have a special someone in our lives, but that doesn’t me you can’t celebrate love.
It’s ok to unplug from societal expectations and shift your focus to reconnecting with self.
- To do this, disconnect from:
- social media that can trigger feelings of inadequacy, envy or sadness
- stressful schedules
- unhealthy eating or drinking habits
- anxiety-inducing relationships
Plug in to:
- Nature by listening to birds chirping, water bubbling in a nearby creek or lake, or going for a hike or walk in the fresh air
- The love of family and friends
- Activities that feed your mind, like meditation, music and journaling
- Healthful eating that nourishes the body with vital nutrients and vitamins
- Indulge in a self-care session at your favorite spa or at home with an aromatic bath, skincare routine or deep hair cleansing with a massage to calm the mind