Yoga Foundations: Crow Pose
Today’s featured yoga pose is crow. This pose, also called crane pose, is good for balance and building strength in the arms, wrists, and core. It also challenges the mind while improving concentration. Crow pose may look intimidating, but you can do it! Focus and take it slow.
How to Do Crow Pose
- Begin in a squat with your feet together and your knees wide apart.
- Place the palms of your hands flat on the floor shoulder-distance apart. Fit your knees into your armpits. Begin to carefully tilt your upper body forward.
- Come high onto your toes, tilting forward until your elbows stack over your wrists. Slowly lift your heels toward your buttocks.
- Balance your body weight on your triceps.
- Hold for 5–10 breaths, then release your feet to the floor.