10 Foods to Alleviate Seasonal Allergies…and Foods to Avoid
Spring is here in all its glory. Warmer temperatures. Beautifully budding flowers and, the bad part, pollen. Allergy season can be tough for many, causing irritated sinuses, itchy, watery eyes and nagging headaches.
If you don’t like taking over-the-counter medications, consider eating these 7 foods to ease your allergy symptoms.
- Onions, red apples, berries and parsley contain quercetin to reduce histamine reactions
- Kiwi: full of vitamin C to cut down on histamines
- Pineapple: contains bromelain,
- Salmon, tuna and herring: contain Omega-3 fatty acids
- Local honey: researchers say eating small doses of honey early in the season can result in a build up of tolerance to pollen in your area.
Avoid these foods during allergy season as they can make allergies worse:
- Red meat