Heart health is major issue for African Americans. Every year, heart disease tops the list of causes of death in Blacks. In addition to exercise, a healthy diet, stress reduction and medication, incorporating herbs into your diet can boost heart health.
Try these herbs to set the foundation for improved quality of life and longevity.
- Turmeric- can support healthy cardiovascular function.
- Green tea- helps lower LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, which is helpful for the heart.
- Olive leaf- supports immune function while protecting the body from free radical damage
- Hibiscus- helps maintain already healthy cholesterol levels
- Garlic- supports healthy blood pressure and lipid and cholesterol levels.
- Hawthorn- supports normal cardiovascular function including muscle tone and oxygenation and circulation and rhythm.
- Reishi- a powerful antioxidant mushroom that helps to normalize cardiac function and support healthy cholesterol levels.
*Always consult your doctor before taking herbs and supplements.