Embrace a Low-Waste Lifestyle
Today is Earth Day and what better way to honor our home than to commit to doing our part to make it better. Here are six things you can do every day to make the earth a little cleaner and healthier.
- Buy in bulk. Not only does buying in bulk save you money in the long run, but it saves on extra trips to the store.
- Invest in a water dispenser for the home. Refill 5, 3 or one-gallon bottles with filtered water dispensers instead of buying small, individual water bottles.
- Use reusable bags when shopping. They’re inexpensive and stronger than a typical plastic bag from the grocery store.
- Ditch the disposable dishes and cutlery. Although they are convenient, they can be harmful to the environment if they end up in landfills. Use glass, wood or ceramic dishes, cups, cutlery, even straws.
- Compost food scraps.
- Use reusable coffee cups and bottles.