Yoga Foundations: Revolved Head to Knee Pose
Revolved head to knee pose is a great twisting pose to challenge your flexibility, stretch the hamstrings and inner thighs and open the heart.
How to do Revolved Head to Knee pose
- Sit on the floor with your legs wide. Bend your left knee and secure the heel into your left groin.
- Inhale, then on your exhale, lean your torso to the right, pressing the back of your right shoulder against the inside of your right knee. With the palm of your hand facing up, lay your right forearm on the floor inside your right leg. Stretch the right side of your torso. Grasp the inside edge of the foot with your right palm.
- Press the left knee toward the floor, as you breathe evenly and reach toward the right toes. Keep your right knee as straight as possible, twisting your torso toward the ceiling.
- Inhale and extend your left arm straight up toward the ceiling. Exhale and reach behind your left ear and take hold of the outside edge of the right foot. Fix your gaze toward the sky.
- Hold the pose for one minute. To release the pose, untwist your torso then sweep it to the left midway between the legs. Hold the stretch briefly, then inhale and lift to an upright position. Repeat on the other side for the same length of time.