6 More Reasons Why Exercise is Important
If you’ve recently decided you want to work out more, then you know it can be difficult maintaining a regular exercise routine can be. The pressures of everyday life – work, family, emergencies, etc. – can push exercise to the backburner. But as the pandemic has shown us, we can’t afford not to make it a priority.
Aside from looking better, here are six more reasons you should exercise more.
- Exercise reduces your needs for insulin. Movement makes your cells and muscles more sensitive to insulin, therefore reducing dangerous belly fat.
- Exercise crushes stress. Exercise reduces the stress hormone cortisol. Too much of this hormone can cause sugar cravings and fat-inducing carbs.
- It’s crucial for brain health. Exercise has been scientifically proven to improve memory, concentration and learning. Vigorous exercise can be more powerful than antidepressant medications, making the brain more elastic. It can also help boost your mood and energy while reducing overall stress in the body.
- Exercise reduces the risk of chronic disease. Everyday movement reduces your risk of stroke and heart attack and reduces inflammation, which is the cause of almost every disease associated with aging. Lastly, it reduces the risk of common cancers by balancing the hormones.
- Detoxes the body. Working up a good sweat during exercise releases toxins through the skin. Gentle exercise is even detoxifying, as the constant circulation flushes toxins in the lymphatic system.
- Improves sexual function. Exercise allows for increases circulation to the sexual organs, resulting in a better sex life.