What’s in Season: Blueberries
It’s officially berry season and there’s no better berry than blueberries to boost your health. These little powerhouses are full of antioxidants and phytoflavinoids, making them a favorite of doctors and nutritionists. In addition, they are high in potassium and vitamin C.
Here are just a few of the many benefits of blueberries:
- May lower your risk of heart disease and cancer
- May help prevent cognitive decline
- Protect against environmental toxins and aging
Here are a few of our favorite healthy ways to enjoy blueberries. *Buy organic*
- Add them to your morning bowl of oatmeal, grains or yogurt
- Blend them into a smoothie.
- Add them as a salad topping
- Simply rinse and eat.