5 Ways to Get and Stay Motivated to Work Out
Let’s face it. Exercise isn’t always our top priority. Life happens. But getting vigorous exercise each day can help you feel better, sleep better, add years to your life.
Here are 5 ways to get and stay motivated to work out.
- Invest in good, quality workout clothing. Sometimes it helps to be comfortable and look good when working out. Buy workout clothes that breathe and are easy to move in.
- Make a plan then work it. Put exercise at the top of your daily to-do list. If you work out in the morning, set your clothes out the night before so you waste no time upon rising. If you’ll work out later in the day or evening at a gym, always keep a bag packed in the car so there are no excuses.
- Set an alarm as a reminder. When life gets busy, it’s easy to forget to make time for movement. Set a daily alarm at the same time on your workout days so you never forget.
- Be accountable to someone. Whether its a workout buddy or online weight loss group, it helps when you’re not alone. Encourage each other to stay on course.
- Remember your “why”. When making the commitment to exercise, write down your reasons why. Whether your reason is to be there for your family, to fit into clothes more comfortably or to feel better overall, it’s important to identify your “why” then remind yourself when you ponder skipping your daily workout.