Run It Up For A Better Workout
Running up hills or on an incline on a treadmill can be tough. But tough can be good when it comes to your health. Running up can be very beneficial.
From building muscle to burning calories, inclines are definitely worth incorporating into your routine.
Why You Should Up the Incline
- Build lower body muscle. Hit the hills to tone the lower body. Walking on an incline engages the muscles in the calves, thighs, ankles and glutes. And get a little extra stretch in the calves.
- Burn more calories and fat. Adding an incline to your daily walk or run scorches more calories than walking on a flat surface.
- Get faster. Inclines activate the same muscles you use when sprinting so hit the hills to improve your running speed.
- Shake it up. Running on a flat surface can get mundane. Spice up your run by incorporating an incline on the treadmill, or if you’re outside, head for the hills.
- Stay injury-free. Running on an incline strengthens the muscles and strong muscles lowers your risk of injuries.
Now that you’ve got the reasons to run up, try this hill workout.
*Consult your physician before starting any workout routine.