What to Do When Self-Care Sunday is Not Enough
Stress levels are off the charts for many of us right now. The years of tension have really taken on a toll on us physically and mentally and after so much stress, you may feel like you’re ready to explode. Under normal circumstances, a day of relaxation can work wonders. But what happens when the stress is non-stop from all angles? It may take more than a spa day to get back into a good mental state.
Here are three things you can do to ease tension and get your mind right.
- Try meditation. Calming the mind can do wonders on your emotional state. Learn how to focus the mind with the basics of meditation.
- Connect with things that make you happy. Gather your favorite books, save your favorite inspiring podcasts, and download music that makes your heart sing.
- Journaling is a great way to work out dilemmas when you’re not comfortable talking with someone about them.
- Reach out to friends, join a support group or seek out a professional therapist. Sometimes it helps to talk it out.
- Cleanse your space. Oftentimes, it helps to clear your space to clear your mind. Tidy up a bit or go deep by throwing out old items that no longer serve you.