15 Ways to Boost Your Mental Health
If you’ve made it through the day and feel good, great! For those who need a little help and inspiration, try some of our favorite tips to boost your mood and mental health.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Each day, write down 3 things you’re grateful for or that you’ve accomplished.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Show love and gratitude to others.
- Pick up a coloring book. Sometimes drawing or coloring a beautiful photo can calm the mind and inspire positivity.
- Get outside. Studies show that connecting with nature can have profound effects on your mental health.
- Laugh. Watch a funny show or comedian to get you laughing.
- Write down what’s bothering you. Sometimes it helps to get it out.
- Plan a getaway. Sometimes a change of scenery can reset your mental health.
- Get organized. Planning can help you stay in control and begin your day with purpose.
- Eat healthy, whole foods to feed your mind and body.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Do something new to create adventure.
- Disconnect from technology.
- Connect with friends and loved ones.
- Get active. Exercise is a natural mood booster.
- Meditate. Slow the mind and breathe.