If you suffer from anxiety, then the constant worry can take over your life.
When you’re feeling overwhelmed, ask yourself these questions to access and bring you back to center. Keep in mind: don’t go overboard and cause more anxiety. Be sure to answer your questions with definitive, true statements.
- Why am I feeling anxious?
- Is my fear or worry based in reality? Is there evidence?
- Can I look at this situation in a more positive light?
- Is this issue within my control or not?
- What are the chances that what I’m anxious about will actually happen?
- Does worrying help this situation?