Spring is an ideal time to clean not only your space, but also your mind. Stress, anxiety and negativity can harm your brain over time. Discover these tips on how to clear your mind of stress and make room for a more positive you.
- Keep a journal: It’s always helpful to write down your thoughts and feelings. Keeping a journal is a good tool to organize your ideas or work out and analyze your feelings.
- Breathe. Practicing deep breathing is one of the best tools to calm the mind. When you feel anxious or overwhelmed, stop, close your eyes and take 3 deep, cleansing breaths. After 3 breaths, take 3 more if needed, until you feel a sense of calm.
- Spend time outdoors. Unplug from the world, get out in the sun and get outside. Nature is nurturing to the mind and soul. Set aside some time each day, weather permitting.
- Meditation: Stilling the mind is a great way to clear the mind of stress and worry. Read more about meditation here.
- Invest in your mental health. Consider seeing a therapist to work out lifelong issues or to get your life on track.