If you have yet to jump on the avocado bandwagon, it’s seriously time to consider it. This fruit with its creamy insides is popular as the main ingredient in guacamole and, most recently, spread over toast.
But did you know that an avocado has more potassium than a banana?
Read more benefits of avocados and check out a few delicious recipes in the links below.
Avocados Do a Body Good
- Avocados are loaded with nutrients including vitamin C, K, B, E and A.
- They promote healthy heart contraction and reduce high blood pressure.
- Just one avocado can contain almost 15% of the daily recommended potassium intake. This equals one and a half large bananas.
- Avocados are a great source of fiber, helping to reduce the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and obesity.
- Vitamin C in avocados may promote a glowing complexion, helping to reduce skin inflammation, accelerate wound healing and soothe dry skin.
Now get in the kitchen and prepare a delicious avocado dish!
Check out more avocado recipes from around the web.
Grilled Chicken with Mango, Bell Pepper and Avocado
Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa