As the female body grows and changes, it’s important to nourish the unique system with nutrients to build the blood, balance the hormones and promote overall wellness.
Learn about these three herbs to nurture the woman’s body.
Tip: Although you can buy these in pill form, purchasing the loose herbs and making them into a tea can be especially pleasing.
RED CLOVER can ease menopausal symptoms including hot flashes; may also be helpful in encouraging hair growth
More About Red Clover
- Hormonal Balance: One of the most well-known uses of red clover is its potential to support hormonal balance, particularly in women. The plant contains compounds known as isoflavones, which are naturally occurring plant-based compounds that are structurally similar to human estrogen. These isoflavones are believed to help alleviate symptoms associated with menopause, such as hot flashes and mood swings.
- Skin Health: Red clover extracts have been studied for their potential benefits in promoting healthy skin. Some studies suggest that topical applications of red clover extracts may help improve skin texture, hydration, and overall appearance.
- Bone Health: Isoflavones found in red clover may also have a positive impact on bone health. These compounds are thought to contribute to bone density and strength, making red clover a potential natural option for those concerned about osteoporosis.
- Cardiovascular Support: Some research indicates that red clover extracts could have a positive effect on cardiovascular health. The isoflavones may help improve cholesterol levels and promote healthy blood circulation.
- Respiratory Health: Traditionally, red clover has been used to address respiratory issues such as coughs and bronchial congestion. Its mild expectorant properties are believed to help ease respiratory discomfort.
NETTLE boosts energy and immunity; also good for hair and skin
More About Nettle
- Nutrient-Rich Superfood: Nettle leaves are a treasure trove of essential nutrients, including vitamins (such as A, C, and K), minerals (like iron, magnesium, and calcium), and antioxidants. Incorporating nettle into your diet can be an excellent way to fortify your body with these vital nutrients.
- Allergy Relief: Nettle has shown promise in managing seasonal allergies. Some studies suggest that nettle extract may help alleviate symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, and itchy eyes due to its potential anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties.
- Joint and Muscle Support: Nettle has been traditionally used to support joint and muscle health. It may help reduce inflammation and discomfort associated with conditions like arthritis, making it a potential natural complement to conventional treatments.
- Hair and Skin Health: Nettle is often used in hair and skin care products due to its purported benefits. Some believe that nettle extracts can contribute to healthier hair growth and clearer skin by improving circulation and providing essential nutrients.
- Urinary Health: Nettle has a history of use in supporting urinary health. It’s believed to have diuretic properties that could help flush out toxins and support kidney function.
OAT STRAW calms and strengthens the nervous system and balances the mood; nourishes the heart and circulatory system
More About Oat Straw
- Nourishment and Vitality: Oat straw is rich in essential nutrients, including vitamins (such as B-complex vitamins), minerals (like calcium, magnesium, and iron), and trace elements. These nutrients contribute to overall vitality and well-being.
- Nervous System Support: Oat straw is known for its potential to support the nervous system. It is believed to have a calming effect on the body, helping to alleviate stress, anxiety, and restlessness.
- Cognitive Health: Oat straw has been historically used to support cognitive function. Compounds in oat straw may have a positive impact on brain health, memory, and mental clarity.
- Bone and Joint Health: The minerals found in oat straw, such as calcium and magnesium, are essential for maintaining strong bones and supporting joint health.
- Skin and Hair Care: Oat straw is a common ingredient in natural skincare and haircare products. It’s believed to have moisturizing and soothing properties, making it suitable for sensitive skin and promoting healthy hair.
- Digestive Wellness: Oat straw’s gentle, soothing nature extends to the digestive system. It is thought to help alleviate gastrointestinal discomfort and support a healthy gut.
*Although these herbs are safe for most people, always consult your doctor before taking any herbs and supplements.