5 Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes
Maintaining a gluten-free diet can be challenging, but we’re here to make it a little easier. Try some of our favorite go-to breakfast recipes that are good for you, minus the gluten.
Warm Overnight oats
- 2 cups gluten-free Oats (check your local health food store or store gluten-free aisle)
- 2 cups almond or dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup gluten-free granola
- ¼ cup chopped raw walnuts
- Combine oats, almond milk, honey or agave and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, stir mashed bananas into oats mixture. Spoon into bowls. Toss granola with walnuts and sprinkle on top of the oats.
Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Bowl
- 3/4 cup almond, coconut or other dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup diced apples
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring milk, vanilla and salt to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 12-15 minutes. Dice apples.
- Remove quinoa from heat and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a bowl and top with cinnamon and apples. If desired, serve with additional almond milk and maple syrup.
Superfood Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup of dairy-free milk
- Blend. Pour into a bowl then top with chia seeds, shredded coconut or gluten-free granola.
Veggie Breakfast Bakes
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pan, heat olive oil. Saute mushrooms, spinach and garlic until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Fill half of individual tin sections with mushroom mixture. Fill the rest of the sections with egg. Place in oven and cook for 8-10 mins or until the egg is cooked to your desire.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Grease a griddle and preheat over medium heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. Slowly pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and whisk continuously until lumps disappear. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter onto griddle to make individual pancakes.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook on the other side until brown. Serve with more blueberries and syrup.