Booze-Free Summer Mocktails
There’s nothing like a summer cocktail to wind down a busy week. For many people, though, cocktails are a no-no. Mocktails, cocktails sans the alcohol, are becoming wildly popular drinks. Even though they lack the liquor, mocktails a full of flavor, taste and fun. Give these mocktail recipes a go.
Mock Vegan Pina Colada
- 1 (10-oz.) bag frozen pineapple chunks
- 4 large scoops of coconut milk ice cream (about 1 cup)
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- Pineapple wedge, for serving
- Maraschino cherry, for serving
Place first five ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with a pineapple wedge and cherry.
- 1 cup watermelon chunks
- ½ cup lime juice
- Watermelon ice cubes, for garnish
Place watermelon chunks and lime juice in a blender and mix for 30-45 seconds. Place the mixture into a strainer to extract juice. Pour into a glass and add watermelon ice cubes before serving.
Virgin Strawberry Mojito
- 2 large limes, quartered
- ½ bunch mint leaves
- 7 strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 cups carbonated water
Combine all ingredients. Serve with a strawberry and mint leaf for garnish.
Fruit Mint Punch
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple juice
- ½ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 11.5-ounce cans peach nectar
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large pitcher or punch bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Chill in the refrigerator for two hours and serve.