Mood-Boosting Foods to Lift Your Spirits
Medicine has come a long way in helping people manage their emotional health. But what you eat, or don’t eat, can have a tremendous effect on your mood. There are many foods readily available to us to help ease the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Foods to Boost Your Mood
- Vitamin B: Dark leafy greens, avocado, asparagus, liver and other organ meats, wild-caught salmon
- Magnesium: Fish, avocado, dark leafy greens, pumpkin seeds, spinach, almonds
- Omega-3 fatty acids: wild-caught salmon, sardines, herring, chia and flaxseeds, walnuts
- Zinc: Kale, broccoli, beans, nuts, oysters, pumpkin seeds
- Probiotics: yogurt, kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut, miso and other fermented foods. Learn more about probiotics here.