Still Working from Home? Get These Must-Haves to Inspire Productivity
After months and months of sheltering in place, many of us have returned to the workplace, even if it is only part of the time. But for some employers, the pandemic has revealed that employees can indeed be productive while working from home. If you are in this bunch, then it is important to create an environment that fosters productivity and connectivity.
Here are some ideas to add to your dedicated workspace or cloffice (small closet transformed into an office) to boost productivity.
- Wall or desk calendar or planner: This may seem simple but it’s probably the most important thing you can get to stay organized.
- Wall shelves: These are essential for saving space, especially in small spaces. Store your files bins or other office supplies for easy access.
- Beverage warmer: Save time refilling your coffee cup with a cup warmer. Also try the Ember self-heated smart mug. The battery-operated mug also allows you to control the temperature with your smart phone.
- Computer stand: Avoid neck and shoulder pain by investing in an ergonomic computer stand. This tool helps keep your head and posture in alignment so you’re not look down for hours.
- Add some color: Hang a bright picture, a green plant or even a boutique of colorful flowers to add some joy to your space.
- Timer: If you have a hard time keeping on track and on task, then a timer might be helpful. Take a break and scroll on social media for 10 minutes ONLY. Better yet, set your timer for a 10-minute meditation break to restore and refresh your mind.