Stressed from Work? Adopt These 5 Habits to Combat Work Woes
Work is probably one of the top sources of stress in this country. Long hours, meetings, and office drama can be enough to make you yearn for endless weekends.
Here are a few things you can do to keep work stress at bay.
- Get proper sleep. Rest is essential in helping you deal with the challenges of the day and maintain positive energy.
- Burn off stress with exercise. Science has proven that exercise is one of the best ways to combat any type of stress. If you feel stressed while at work, talking a short walk can work wonders.
- Create boundaries. Sometimes interruptions at work, good or bad, can eat up time and in turn cause stress when you’re working to meet deadlines. Close your door to finish important projects and avoid disruptions. If working from home, keep work out of your bedroom. Set work hours and hours for personal life.
- Keep a schedule. Complete a to-do list at the beginning of each day. Start with the most time-sensitive tasks and get those done first. End the day by checking off completed items.
- Stay out of workplace drama.