Feeling Low? Try This Immunity-Boosting Tea
Flu season is in full gear. According to federal data, this flu season is especially brutal as more and more people are under the weather.
Herbs are a great way to boost immunity to prevent illness and speed recovery after you get sick. Give our favorite immune-boosting tea a try.
- 4 cups of filtered or alkaline water
- 2 tablespoons of peppermint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of Pau d’ Arco bark
- 2 sticks or 1 tablespoon of astragalus bark or powder
- ½ lemon
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- A dash of cayenne pepper
NOTE: You can find the loose tea leaves at your local health food store or online.
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Put peppermint and pau d’ arco into a cloth tea bag or stainless-steel tea strainer. This will keep the loose leaves contained for easy straining later.
- Place tea leaves into pot of water.
- Add lemon, garlic and cayenne pepper to pot.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
Once tea is done, pour into a cup, add honey to taste. Be well and enjoy!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These recipes or statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.