The Morning Routine for a Better Mental Health Day
Starting the day on the right foot is essential for our overall well-being. Our morning routine sets the tone for the hours ahead, and by incorporating mindful practices, we can cultivate a positive mindset and nurture our mental health.
Begin this simple morning routine to get your mind right for the day.
- Drink water. Hydrate your body to stimulate your organs and brain.
- Take a few deep breaths. Oxygenate your body for a clear mind.
- Express gratitude. Being thankful encourages a positive outlook.
- Do a simple stretch. This can be done bedside or even in bed. Stretch your arms and legs from head to toe, reaching for the head and foot of the bed with your hands and toes. Try this simple 5-minute stretch routine bedside.
- Foster positivity with affirmations.
- Set your intentions for the day. Write down the goals you wish to achieve, the attitude you want to embody, and the actions you want to take. Setting intentions helps create a sense of purpose and direction, promoting a proactive and focused approach to your daily activities.
- Avoid checking emails, social media, or news as soon as you wake up. Instead, focus on activities that nourish your soul and promote mindfulness. Read, journal or spend time in quiet reflection.
Just as important is getting sleep the night before. Sleep for 6-8 hours each night.