The Pilates Bar Workout
Pilates is a great addition to your usual workout routine. With its slow, purposeful toning and strengthening movements that nurture flexibility, it’s the perfect balance to more high impact workouts like running or HIIT.
Benefits of Pilates
- Great for building a strong core. At the heart of pilates lies a focus on building a strong and stable core. The exercises engage deep abdominal muscles, along with the muscles of the back and pelvis. A strong core not only aids in better balance and alignment but also forms the foundation for overall strength and mobility.
- Improves posture and balance Modern lifestyles, often characterized by prolonged hours spent sitting, can wreak havoc on our posture. Pilates exercises work to counterbalance the effects of sitting, leading to improved spinal alignment and reduced strain on the neck and shoulders.
- Promotes lean muscle development. Weight lifting has its benefits and is encouraged to achieve optimal wellness. Pilates moves away from building bulkiness and encourages the lean muscles to become stronger.
- Improves range of motion. As we age, having complete range of motion is vital to performing daily activities. It also makes other exercise feel more fluid.
- Reduces stress. The controlled breathing patterns of pilates synchronize with movement, promoting a state of relaxation and tranquility.
Pilates is a versatile workout that can be performed at all levels. Perform with a mat or challenge yourself with props like yoga blocks or a pilates bar, like the video below. Get ready to work up a sweat with this pilates bar workout.