Meatless Cinco de Mayo
Happy Cinco de Mayo! As you celebrate the day, why not incorporate some good-for-you foods into your festivities? Turn your Mexican dishes into hearty meals that are delicious and nutritious.
Meatless Tacos & Burritos
- 1 lb. or package of meatless burger crumbles (Morningstar, Beyond Beef or other plant-based meat substitute)
- ¼ cup taco seasonings or taco simmer sauce
- 1 can black or pinto beans
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. oil (grapeseed, sunflower or other oil)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Shredded lettuce
- Cheese or dairy-free cheese
- Sour cream or dairy-free sour cream
- Fresh chopped avocado
Taco shells or tortillas (substitute grain-free or gluten free shells or tortillas)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Preheat skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil until hot. Add meatless crumbles. Stir consistently until crumbles are coated with oil. Cook until brown. Add beans, tomatoes, and seasoning. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- When crumbles are almost done, heat taco shells or tortillas in the oven for 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place shell or tortilla on a plate. Spoon meatless filling into tacos then garnish with toppings.