Returning to the Office? Here are Tips to Keep Your Peace
As more Americans get vaccinated, employers are making plans for workers to return to the workplace. This may be an adjustment for many who have pivoted to working from home for more than a year.
Many may be concerned about the risk of infection and experience stress because of daycare and after school responsibilities that maybe altered.
Here are some tips for getting back into the work grind in person.
- Take breaks for physical activity during the workday. Stand up from your desk and stretch or go for a walk outside, weather permitting.
- When stress arises, try some breathing exercises to relax. Try some here.
- Increase your sense of control by developing a consistent daily routine.
- Get regular sleep and check in with your supportive colleagues, coworkers, family, and friends and spend time outdoors. Spend time outdoors, either being physically active or relaxing.
- Most importantly, do healthy things you enjoy during non-work hours.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media, to protect your mental health.
- If going back to the office is too stressful, speak with your manager about working from home 2-3 times per week.