Yoga Joy: Poses to Capture the Happiness of the Holiday Season
During the holiday season, it’s easy to get caught in up the hustle and bustle. Shopping, traveling, and sometimes pressure from loved ones to fulfill expectations, all while trying to maintain your basic needs, can be enough to tip you over the edge. When the urge to curl up in bed and wait for the holidays to end arises, STOP. TAKE 3 DEEP BREATHS. And try these calming yoga moves that dispel stress and encourage the joy and happiness of a child during the holiday season.
- Lie on your back with your knees drawn in toward your chest.
- Raise your head and grab a hold to your big toe or the outer part of the feet. Your arms should be in front of your shins.
- Lower your head while pulling your knees to your chest.
- Your tailbone should be touching the ground.
- Rock from side to side.
- While you are rocking release a deep laugh from the diagram.
- Hold for sixty seconds.
- Kneel on your hands and knees. Gaze straight ahead.
- Place your knees hip width apart with your hands below your shoulders. Keep a slight bend in your elbows.
- Inhale and arch your back up like a cat. Bring your head and chin to your chest.
- Exhale while sloping your back in reverse. Gaze upwards toward the sky. Turn the head from left to right, looking over the shoulder, getting a deep stretch for the neck.
- Kneel to the floor with your heels under your buttocks and your knees wide.
- Bend your torso forward so that your stomach and chest are resting on your thighs. Place your forehead as close to the floor as possible.
- Stretch the arms outward.
- Relax the shoulders and arms.
- Relax and breathe.