The Healthy Breakfast in a Jar
What you eat as your first meal of the day can set the foundation for a healthy relationship with food as your day progresses. Because you are literally “breaking a fast” every morning, it’s important to hydrate and prepare your organs to function at their optimal level.
But let’s face it. Not everyone knows what to eat when breaking their daily fast or has time to prepare that first meal. Try these meals that you can make ahead of time and put in the fridge for a quick, healthy start to your day.
Berry Oats and Seeds in a Jar
- 1 cup organic oats
- ½ tbsp. each of hemp, chia and flax seeds
- ¾ cup almond, cashew or rice milk
- ½ cup, chopped or sliced berries (or your favorite fruit)
- Create layers, beginning with the oats, then seeds, then the berries. When done, slowly pour the milk into the jar. Top with more berries. Seal and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy.
Greek Yogurt Parfait in a Jar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain, vanilla or your favorite flavor
- ½ cup granola
- ½ blueberries
Create layers, beginning with the granola, then add the yogurt and the blueberries last. Seal and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy.
Shashuka in a Jar
- Prepare the shashuka, a delicious combination of tomatoes, vegetables and herbs. Click here for the complete recipe.
- After preparing the shashuka, scramble two egg whites separately. Set aside.
- Create layers in the mason jar, beginning with the shashuka, then add some eggs, then sprinkle feta crumbles. Continue layering until you’ve reached the top of the jar. Seal and store in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to enjoy, remove the top and microwave for 45 seconds to one minute. Be careful removing the jar from the microwave as it may be hot to the touch.
Veggie Sausage and Egg White Omelet in a Jar
- 1 sausage patty, cooked and chopped into small chunks
- 3 egg whites, scrambled separately
- 1 cup spinach, sautéed
- All-purpose seasoning
Create layers in the mason jar, beginning with the egg whites, then add some sausage, seasonings, then spinach. Continue layering until you’ve reached the top of the jar. Top with sausage crumbles. Seal and store in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to enjoy, remove the top and microwave for 45 seconds to one minute. Be careful removing the jar from the microwave as it may be hot to the touch. Sprinkle with hot sauce for an extra kick.
Melani3 years ago
I love all of the recipes you shared and can’t wait to try a few of them.
Do you know where I can find the jars in the picture? They are perfect for creating this fish and for grab and go meals.
adminblkfit3 years ago
Not sure where to get these containers in particular, but Amazon has a wide variety to choose from. Thanks for visiting our website!
Comments are closed.