Day 6: Nutrition: Ditch the Dairy and Try These Alternatives
As health has become a priority for many Americans, some are paying more attention to the foods they eat daily. Cutting dairy has been shown to have enormous benefits, reducing mucus in the body and alleviating digestion problems.
Here are more benefits to consuming little to no dairy:
- Reduction in stomach bloating and cramps
- Reduced constipation
- Potential weight loss
- Improved skin
- Improved gut health
Check out these dairy alternatives:
- Substitute cheese for dairy-free cheese (Check your local health food store or the natural food section in major grocery chains
- Substitute ice cream with dairy -free ice creams made from almond, coconut or oat milk. Fruit sorbets are also a good alternative.
- Substitute cow’s milk with alternative beverages made from almonds, cashews, rice, oats, flaxseed, hemp or coconut.
- Substitute yogurt with alternatives made of soy, almond milk, or coconut milk.
*Note: Dairy alternatives typically have less calcium than dairy products so be sure to buy alternatives with added calcium or eat some of these calcium-rich foods.