The Power of Chia Seeds
If you are not incorporating chia seeds into your diet, then you may want to reconsider. These small seeds are surprisingly powerful, offering numerous nutritional benefits.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds have a mild, nutty flavor and are full of nutrients including fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants, magnesium, phosphorous, and iron. Other benefits include:
- Good for digestive health
- May aid in weight loss
- May increase “good” cholesterol
- May reduce blood sugar
- May reduce your risk of heart disease
- High in Omega-6 fatty acids
Ways to incorporate chia seeds into your diet
Chia seeds are delicious and easy to add to your daily diet. They can be eaten raw so there’s no need to grind, cook or prepare them. Here are a few ways to get your daily serving of about 2 tablespoons.
- Blend into a smoothie
- Add to a glass of warm water and lemon first thing in the morning
- Sprinkle on oatmeal or salads
- Bake into muffins
- Mix with non-dairy milk to make a chia seed pudding. Top with fruit for a healthy breakfast or snack.