5 Herbal Supplements for Men’s Health
African Americans suffer disproportionately from many illnesses. African American men are no exception.
According to data from the National Institute of Health, Black men consistently rank lowest across nearly all groups in the U.S. when it comes to health. On average, Black men die more than 7 years earlier than do U.S. women of all races.
In addition to diet, exercise and regularly seeing a doctor, Black men can invest in their health by adding herbs to their health regime.
Check out 5 herbs that can help men achieve optimal wellness.
- Ashwagandha is an herb that is known to combat stress, and restore the nervous system by balancing mood, energy levels, and hormones.
- Maca root is an herb that promotes a healthy libido and increases stamina. Studies show that taking maca root can also encourage fertility by normalizing reproductive hormone levels.
- Saw palmetto berries may help enhance sexual function and inhibit the production of a form of testosterone that causes enlargement of the prostate gland.
- Nettle leaf also contributes to a healthy prostate gland.
- Pumpkin seeds are full of zinc and may improve prostate and bladder health in men. Eat them raw, top your oatmeal or salad or blend in smoothies.