9 Natural Ways to Clean the Air in Your Home
Your home is your sanctuary. In addition to creating a safe, relaxing atmosphere, it’s important to make sure the air you breathe at home is healthy.
Here are 10 natural ways to clean the air circulating in your home.
- Open the windows. If you don’t have allergies, open the windows to remove stale air.
- Boil lemon peels as a natural air freshener throughout the home. You can also put those lemon peels in your sink disposal to freshen.
- Use oil diffusers. Burn essential oils like lavender, peppermint, or orange to omit a pleasant fragrance throughout your home. Get creative and mix oils.
- Beautify and clean the air with houseplants. Several houseplants are known to absorb odors and purify the air. Check out our list of cleansing houseplants here.
- Choose beeswax candles, which are non-toxic and safer to burn.
- Clean with natural cleaning products. Discover our list of natural cleaning recipes you can make yourself.
- Remove shoes when entering the home. Our shoes can carry many germs, which can end up in your carpets or on your floors.
- Use your stove hood to direct air out when cooking. This will keep odors, like fish and other foods, to a minimum.
- Invest in an air purifier. There are several good air purifiers on the market that reduce allergens in the home and make your air cleaner.