Here’s How to Eat a Meal to Prevent Bloating
Growing up, we were taught to clean our plates. In the right portions, this can be a good thing. However, eating a plate full of food can leave us feeling full and bloated. The order in which you eat your foods can make a huge difference in how you feel after you eat.
How to Eat to Avoid Digestive Imbalances
- Make the first thing you eat in your day a vegetable. Try to include dark leafy greens.
- Next, eat your protein. Lean poultry or fish the size of your palm is a good portion.
- Third, eat your grains and starches.
- Last, eat your fruits.
- Eat your food more slowly to prevent bloating and overeating.
- To reduce gassiness, try drinking through a straw or guzzling carbonated drinks.
- Sugar and dairy can also cause digestion disturbances.