5 Tips to Ease Eczema
Eczema is a type of skin inflammation that causes itching and flakiness. Resulting from environmental factors, stress or certain food allergies, eczema can be an irritating, sometimes embarrassing, condition.
There are several doctor-prescribed medications that can help, but there are things you can do, or stop doing, to alleviate the symptoms of eczema.
- Keep a food diary to link foods that you eat with eczema outbreaks.
- Stop using detergents, solvents and other synthetic allergenic substances when cleaning or washing clothing.
- Eat a wholesome, clean diet. Limit your intake coffee, dairy, alcohol, sugar, red meats and fried foods.
- Incorporate these nutritional supplements into your diet: vitamin B complex, vitamin E, biotin, zinc and essential fatty acids like flax, borage or evening primrose oil (rotate the oils, avoiding taking the same one consistently).
- Try natural topical oils like a combination of vitamin E and evening primrose oil. Calendula cream may also soothe itchy skin.