8 Signs You Need a Mental Health Break
The importance of nurturing our mental health has been taboo in our community for a long time. Luckily, we’re beginning to realize that this part of our well-being is closely connected to other parts of our lives.
But sometimes we get so inundated with everyday tasks that we may not even realize we need a break. How do you know when your mental health is compromised? Here are 8 signs you need to stop, refresh and restore your mind and body.
- Feeling a sense of dread about a situation
- Persistent thoughts related to work or home life that triggers sadness, depression or anxiety.
- Feeling burned out, exhausted or overwhelmed
- Difficult to set goals and stick with them
- Decreased productivity
- Changes in ability to focus or retain information
- Decrease in tolerance
- Difficulty sleeping, changes in appetite
Click here for ways to reset your mind and take a mental health break.
If you feel depressed or suicidal, immediately connect with a mental health professional. Click here for resources.