Yoga Foundations: Low Crescent Lunge
Crescent lunge is a strengthening pose that tones the thighs, hips, and butt muscles. The balancing required also encourages stability in the core and lower legs. Crescent lunge also expands the front of the body while increasing energy and fighting fatigue.
How to do Crescent lunge:
- Stand with the feet wide apart and the arms reaching out to your sides. Step the right foot forward so the toes are in line with the fingertips.
- Bend until the front knee creates a right angle with the thigh parallel to the floor and the knee is stacked over the ankle. Press the left foot straight down into the floor.
- Keep the hips square and pointing forward evenly.
- On an inhale raise the torso and arms to the sky, palms of the hands facing eat other. Press the shoulder blades back and down.
- Hold the pose for 5 to 10 breaths.