Yoga Poses to Help You Slow Down
Work. Family. Goals. Life. The energy it takes to maintain all you want and need to do on a daily basis is enough to send your head spinning. Yoga is a great way to slow down from the hamster wheel of life and relax for a while. It does your mind and body good!
Try these yoga poses to reset and restore.
- Lie on your back with your knees drawn in toward your chest.
- Raise your head and grab a hold to your big toe or the outer part of the feet. Your arms should be in front of your shins.
- Lower your head while pulling your knees to your chest.
- Your tailbone should be touching the ground.
- Rock from side to side.
- While you are rocking release a deep laugh from the diagram.
- Hold for sixty seconds.
- Sit comfortably on your mat. Add a pillow or blanket under your buttocks for extra comfort.
- Sit crossed-legged or with the tops of your feet resting on the inside of bend of your opposite legs.
- Elongate your spine, allowing oxygen to flow unblocked throughout your torso. Rest your wrists on your knees. Face forward and close your eyes.
- Breathe deeply and relax for several breaths.
- Lie on your back. Raise the legs up into the air or, if you’re near a wall, lie them flat against the wall.
- Lay the arms along the sides of the body.
- Relax and breathe deeply for 5-20 minutes.
- Lie on your back with your knees bend. Tighten your stomach.
- Gently rock your legs from side to side.
- Exhale allowing your legs to fall to the right. Inhale using your core to raise them to the center. Exhale allowing them to fall to the left. Inhale using your core to raise them back to center. Repeat this several times.
- Exhale allowing the legs to fall to the left making sure that the legs are stacked on top of each other. Turn your head, neck and navel to the left. Try to keep both shoulders on the ground.
- Your arms should be out to the side away from the body with the palms upward.
- Hold for 5 counts.
- Repeat the other side.