5 Essentials to Add to Your Home Gym
Having a home gym offers convenience, flexibility, and the freedom to work out on your own terms. Whether you’re a fitness enthusiast or just starting your fitness journey, having the right equipment in your home gym is crucial. If you’re one who is good with getting your exercise complete at home, these 5 tools are vital for your home gym.
- Dumbbells: Invest in a variety of weights, ranging from light to heavy, to accomodate small muscle and large muscle workouts.
- Jump rope: This simple exercise tool is great for warming up or getting a fun, unconventional cardio workout in. Challenge yourself with a weighted jump rope.
- Bands: These are a great addition to a leg workout as they provide an added layer of resistance.
- Mat: A good, sturdy mat is good to absorb shock when jumping or just to provide extra cushion and comfort when doing ab exercises.
- Medicine Ball: Great for dynamic exercises like medicine ball slams, wall throws, and Russian twists.
Foam Roller: Great for self-myofascial release and recovery.
Music: Create a motivating atmosphere with your favorite tunes or a TV for workout videos.
Clock or timer: Good for doing as many reps as possible within a certain period of time.