Meatless Meal: Roasted Cauliflower “Steaks”
Cauliflower has become a popular stand-in for meat and grain dishes. For those looking to reduce their intake of meat and processed meat substitutes, like soy-based meats, cauliflower has proven to be a tasty alternative.
This vegetable can be bland so the trick is to infuse it with spices. Give our roasted cauliflower “steak” and try.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tbsps. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. honey garlic seasoning (we use Weber brand)
- 1 tsp. vegan chicken-less seasoning salt (we use Trader Joe’s brand)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Rinse head of cauliflower. Cut off leaves at the stem.
- On a cutting board, position the cauliflower head on its stem. Carefully slice into 1-inch “steaks”. Discard the extra pieces or set aside to make “nuggets.”
- Place the steaks on the lined cookie sheet. Drizzle and season both sides with olive oil and seasonings. Place in oven and cook for a total of 30-40 minutes. Carefully flip the steaks after one side is brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with roasted potatoes and a green salad. Enjoy!