9 Things You Can Do Daily For Nourished, Healthy Skin
Fatigue, stress and imbalances in the body can wreak havoc on the skin. Try these 9 tips to give your skin the boost it needs to look and feel moisturized and healthful.
- Drink plenty of water. Make sure it’s clean, filtered water, at least 8 8-ounce glasses per day. Drink more if you exercise and/or sweat.
- Eat a fiber-rich diet. Foods like avocados, fruits, oats and other whole grains keep your digestion flowing smoothly and your intestines clean.
- Get your antioxidants. Berries and green tea are a great source of antioxidants.
- Practice food combining. This method of eating (not a diet) involves eating certain food groups with others, leading to optimal digestion. Learn more about food combining here.
- Eat essential fatty acids. Some fats are good for the skin. Eat whole grains, seeds and nuts, dark leafy green vegetables, cold-pressed oils like flax and safflower oils and oily fish like sardines and wild-caught salmon.
- Upon rising for sleep, drink a warm glass of water with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Follow with a cup of nettle tea.
- Avoid excessive amounts of caffeine or alcohol, which can dehydrate the skin. Click the links to learn of some coffee and alcohol alternatives.
- Leave the salt on the table. Excessive sodium leads to skin puffiness and swelling.
- Avoid red meat, dairy, refined or processed foods and fried foods. They’re bad news, all the way around.