Tips to Ease PMS
Migraines. Cramps. Bloating. Sensitive breasts. Nausea. Pain and discomfort during and leading up to your monthly cycle can wreak havoc on a woman’s life. Here are some tips on making that time of the month a little easier.
- Cleanse the liver. PMS has been linked to malfunctioning liver fat metabolism. Take the herb milk thistle (two capsules three times per day), four days before and during your cycle.
- Take magnesium. Magnesium deficiency has been strongly associated with PMS. Zinc helps normalize the hormones.
- Increase your intake of B vitamins, specifically B6 with a B complex or royal jelly. Take 50-100 mg B complex daily or 2 royal jelly capsules three times per day.
- Vitamin A has been shown to ease PMS symptoms.
- Vitamin E regulates hormone levels and reduces the symptoms of PMS.
- Get enough essential fatty acids by taking one tablespoon of flax oil, evening primrose oil or borage oil daily.
- Eat a whole foods diet with superfoods. Eliminate dairy at least 10 days prior to your period starts.
- Get your exercise. Movement helps regulate hormones, eliminates toxins, enhances nutrient absorption and strengthens the organs.