Why You Should Eat an Apple a Day (Really Everyday)
Fall is apple season. This go-to fruit is not only delicious and convenient, but it’s very nutritious. Apples (along with the skin) is an excellent source of fiber, which helps with controlling weight and cholesterol.
Check out all the other reasons you should eat an apple a day (really everyday):
- Helps cleanse the liver.
- Fight bacteria that cause tooth decay and bad breath.
- May help prevent cancers of the liver, colon and breast.
- Normalizes blood sugar levels, preventing diabetes.
- Great for heart health by reducing cholesterol buildup in the arteries.
- Beats constipation or diarrhea by balancing the water levels in the colon.
What’s your favorite apple? Discover a few apple varieties that are now in season. Try them for salads, pies, sauce and baking.
- Fuji: crunchy and super sweet
- Honeycrisp: Crisp and sweet
- Pink Lady: Crunchy and sweet-tart
- Golden delicious: Crisp and sweet
- Ambrosia: Sweet
- Autumn glory: Crunchy and cinnamon-sweet
- Braeburn: Crisp and tangy
- Cameo: Crunchy and sweet-tart
- SweeTango: Crisp and sweet