Must-Haves for Your Healthy Meal Prep
Maintaining a healthy diet can be a challenge, especially those with busy schedules. Eating on the go can be tempting, but the chances you grab a meal that contains too much fat, too much sodium or too much sugar are high. Here’s a solution: meal prep.
Preparing meals in advance is a great way to save time and avoid eating foods and snacks that you will regret later. Here are our favorite food staples to have on hand to make meal prep easier.
- Oats (try our compilation of oatmeal recipes)
- Grab-and-go fruits (bananas, apples, berries, oranges and pears)
- Eggs: a versatile protein that can be prepared in advance. Boil them or try our protein-packed veggie breakfast bakes.
- Brown rice
- Dark leafy greens
- Lean proteins (free-range chicken or fish)
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, cashews)
- Boiled eggs
- String cheese