Immunity-Boosting Yoga Poses
Yoga is an excellent way to stay fit and stress-free. But did you know that, when done regularly, yoga can rid the body of the toxins, keep your vital organs functioning well and boost your immunity?
Try these yoga poses to help build resilience both inside and out.
Legs Up the Wall
- Perform this pose near a wall. Lie on your back.
- Raise the legs up and lie them flat against the wall.
- Lay the arms along the sides of the body.
- Relax and breathe deeply for 5-20 minutes.
Standing Forward Fold
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart.
- Take a deep breath in, then exhale as you bend forward from the hips.
- Reach for your knees, shins, toes or floor.
- Aim to press your chest against your thighs.
- Shake your head “yes” and “no” to relax the muscles in your head and neck.
- Hold the pose for 10 deep breaths.
Revolved Triangle Pose
- Stand in mountain pose. Step your feet wide, about 3½ to 4 feet apart. Raise your arms parallel to the floor with your palms facing down. Turn your left foot in 45 degrees to the right and your right foot out to the right 90 degrees. Adjust the heels so they are aligned.
- Exhale and turn your torso to the right. Square your hips towards the front of your mat. Position the left hip around to the right and ground the left heel.
- As you exhale, lean forward over the front leg. Reach your left hand down and to the floor, placing the palm to the inside or outside the foot. If needed, place a yoga block against your inner right foot and rest your palm there. Keep your hips square to the ground. Aim your gaze to your right hand.
- Press the left palm down against the ground and reach your right hand toward the sky simultaneously. Stay long through the torso. Breathe and stretch.
- Stay in this pose from 30 seconds to one minute. Exhale and release the twist. Repeat for the same length of time with the legs reversed, twisting to the left.